Hi! Simply click below and type your query.
Our experts will reply you very soon.
Posted by Admin on February, 23, 2021
The possibilities of cable lugs that are sold by the electrical cable lugs supplier India for every type of application in the electrical domain are endless. Choosing the right cable lug can get overwhelming, especially if you do not possess in-depth knowledge of it. However, picking the correct cable lug is important, for a clean and safe crimping result.
Here you shall delve deep into the standard cable lugs for copper conductors and the factors that you must check when making your decision, for a secure and durable connection. The cable lugs for copper conductors, attached to the conductor through cold forming, are some of the standard connectors in electrical engineering.
The Three Groups of Cable Lugs
• Compression cable lugs as per DIN 46235
• Tubular cable lugs, available commercially in standard types
• Solderless terminals as per DIN 46234
Cable and Cable Lug: The Ideal Combo
Picking the right cable lug is determined by the conductor class to be processed. For instance, the mentioned types of cable lug can be accessed for cables as per the DIN EN 60228
• Class 1,2,5 and 6 conductors: the compression cable lugs as per DIN 46235
• Class 2 conductors: standard tubular cable lugs type
• Class 2,5, and 6 conductors; solderless terminals as per DIN 46243
To be certain of secure crimping of conductors with the help of DIN compression cable lugs, expert recommend coded dies crimping tools as per DIN 48083. The needs of the manufacturer must be checked for tubular cable lugs.
Quality and Resistance
Standards are also applicable for mechanical and electrical cable lugs. The international standard IEC 61238-1 part 1 is applicable in this specific scenario. It prompts how electrical connections must fulfil the tests to ascertain durable safe operations for its use. The electrical connections are required to go through various tests for this need. This includes an electrical durability test combined with a mechanical tension test. A practical test is simulated by the test cycle in this test.
More About the Test
The connection is required to be heated the electricity 1000 times to 120 degrees Celsius to incorporate artificial aging. At regular intervals, the contact resistance undergoes reviewing in between the tests. There is also carrying out of six high current tests, where the heating of the conductor is to 250-degree Celsius approx. within a second, courtesy to the short circuit. There is a requirement of the high current test if the connector is to be tested, to ensure it is protected from a short circuit.
The Features of Electrical Cable Lugs
• The cable lugs are not only safe to use but also affordable in both use and their designs.
• All the cable lugs feature electro-tinned for inhibition of oxidation and corrosion.
• The entry point of the terminal is shock-resistant and the flared end is offered in choicest lugs for convenient entry of conductor in flexible cables.
• The cable lug terminals are manufactured in a way for easy entry of standard wires. However, the barrel end of the flexible wire insertions is designed bell mouthed.
• The cable lugs are annealed to promise maximum ductility.
The cable lugs that you choose must be annealed. This assists in the reduction of tension and hardening of the material, besides reducing the chances of breaking during crimping. The quality of the cable lugs that you pick must be visible from their aesthetic characteristics. Two signs of high-end electrical cable lugs are burr-less production and consistent flat palm.
This entry was posted on February, 23, 2021 at 09 : 53 am and is filed under Joint Kit. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response from your own site.